Monday, June 16, 2008

I Hate Paper Work

I have a confession. I hate paper work

Not so much a confession as admitting I'm like every other shlub in the biz.

The question then: if I hate paper work, and I know I hate paperwork, what in Hades possessed me to start a blog?

It will be fun. (sometimes)
It would satisfy my inner journalist(so, so)
I'll get a following and be famous(ha, ha)
I'll get a following and beat the Luddites at leads(Ha, Ha!)
I'll be able to blog in my spare time( HA!HA!)

The truth: blogging is writing. Writing is work. To the point, writing is work I hate.

Hate is a strong word. Avoid unless completely necessary. Like being up past 2 am finishing a report I should have done before dinner. A report so boring I'm blogging about how I hate paperwork.

Readers will laugh themselves to death on hearing I planned to blog every day. Paperwork and journalism are different animals. But in the middle of the night they look the same. An animal that needs to be put down.

I'm going to bed.

No comments: