Friday, April 11, 2008

Why must they "cliche"? part 2

Know how we get hard-boiled? It's got nothing to do with water, eggs or breakfast.

We spend most of the time waiting, watching, or some other low return activity, with no guarantees. The rest of the time we wonder why we aren't getting paid more. Then comes some jerk promising they want to talk, but pulls a "bait and switch", thinking they can demand information out of us.

Case in point:

> My name is (T. Brown).
>
> I was given your email by a source who says you are part of the (CITY)
> group (NAME 1) is a member of.
> (NAME 1) is a person of interest in a harassment complaint. Any assistance
> in this matter would be appreciated.
>
> (T. Brown)

Response:
First Last <insidejob91153@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR AND WHO MADE THIS COMPLAINT?

Next:

<tambro12@gmail.com

>
wrote: WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR

Confidential.

AND WHO MADE THIS COMPLAINT?

Also confidential.

My turn:

Why is there no police report if (NAME 1) is a victim of harassment as she claims?

Who told (NAME 2) to give me the "run around" when I made inquires about the Portland group and (NAME1)?

Why did your member (NAME 3) tell one of my sources she had talked to me when she hadn't?


Demanding information you aren't entitled to doesn't win allies.

Make your next email civil.


(T. Brown)

Next:
First Last <insidejob91153@yahoo.com> wrote:
NO. DEMANDING INFORMATION YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DOES NOT GET YOU THAT INFORMATION AND YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NOTHING TO ASSURE ME YOU ARE AN ALLY.
SO IF YOU WANT ANYTHING FROM ME YOU WILL NEED TO OFFER SOME KIND OF PROOF OF YOUR MOTIVES.
Next:
You got it backwards, kid:

I sent you a professional email with a polite request.
You responded with a demand to violate client confidentiality.

My source said you wanted to tell me about the (CITY) group. You've been given all the information you need to know what my motives are.

This is what it looks like:

The (CITY) group is protecting (NAME 1) and "(NYM)" from harassment charges.
(NAME 2) is running interference.
(NAME 3) is feeding false information to protect (NAME 1).

"First Last", your participation is voluntary. You volunteered.
If you want to share, share. Or stop wasting my time.

TB

Jokers like this drive us nuts. He/she had no intention of "sharing". This was an excuse to "fish". A very bad one from a very bad movie.

Give me a break. We did not learn the trade off the back of a cracker-jack box.

For the love of Christ, stop the cliches.

No comments: